We had a great 1st flight with Cecilia and our pro flyer, Maeve. The only meltdowns we had from Maeve was when Mom went to the bathroom and was stuck in the back of the plane by the beverage cart. She was tired so we'll let her have that one. She also wasn't happy when she went with Dad to get the rental car and they were leaving and I wasn't in the car yet.
Once we got to the hotel, we let Maeve go to the swimming pool right away. Pizza by the pool was also fun and then Cecilia slept for 6 hours the first night and Maeve slept all night in her own room and bed with toddler rails. Our girls like to travel!
Overall the trip was a lot of fun. The hardest time was dinner time but we made it through with the iPad and laying Cecilia down in the booth to look around. She was probably tired of the carseat as most naps were spent in there.
- Maeve liked the pool more than the beach (bummer for Mom right now but hopefully that will change with time!) but she did enjoy collecting seashells and looking at the sea turtle nests.
- Maeve loved using her floaties and floating 'all by herself' in the pool
- Mom enjoyed walking on the beach with Cecilia during Maeve's nap time
- Maeve was such a great big sister. She wanted to hold Cecilia and at times it actually seemed to calm her down.
- Dad won bingo twice and we enjoyed ice cream sundaes as the prizes
- Maeve loved playing with the big girls in the pool while Cecilia napped on the pool chair. She said things like 'want to jump with Maeve' and would hold their hands and jump in together.
The weather forecast said it was going to rain everyday because of Tropical Storm Colin but luckily we missed it all. The only time it rained was during dinners or when we were in the pool on Tuesday. Maeve could've cared less so we stayed in the pool.
Our favorite restaurant was the last night. Maeve ate all her shrimp (she preferred that over burgers and tacos that she had the other nights) and drank half her pineapple juice. She loved it and we loved our Mahi Mahi, Grouper, mussels and clam chowder.
On the last day, we were the first ones in the pool and on the beach. It was hard to get everything ready to go with 2 kids and then 20 minutes into the car ride Cecilia wants to eat. Maeve had fallen asleep but woke up when we stopped and never slept anymore. We pulled over to feed and it poured rain so we had to maneuver in the car to put Cecilia back in car seat. We finally get to the airport and it's funny how your kids know you so much - I was frustrated because I bought yogurt for Maeve that was expired and Maeve knew it and asked Dad why I was frustrated! Then it starts pouring as we are taking off and we get delayed for 1 extra hour on the runway. But they did great on the flight. And that's what "vacation" or time away is like with an infant and a toddler! It was fun seeing Maeve's personality and having fun with both girls!