- Staying close to the beach - it was convenient of course, but we also loved the view and the sounds of the ocean waves
- Springer’s ice cream - we probably tried 8 flavors at least. Maeve and Mom loved all of the coffee flavors. Cecilia loved strawberry and Dad loved Cookies and cream.
- Cape May carnival - we always love spending time in Cape May and at Congress Hall and this was a highlight for Maeve. They had carnival games, face painting and a train ride. Eric had to play a lot of games to have enough to get a prize! They were hard games.
- I always love seeing Dolphins in the ocean
- The girls enjoyed the tide pool and then we got to find shells to bring home and we learned what they all were at the Wetlands.
- The Sandcastle contest was fun to see as they were making elaborate sand castles. Maeve got to putt a golf ball through one and the girls got suckers (or for the NY cousins who hadn’t heard them called that- a lollipop!)
- We all loved Fireworks on the beach. We got to see the show from Avalon and Stone Harbor and the girls were able to stay up late to see them.
- As always we had great food at Aunt Cathy and Uncle Michael’s house and Eric enjoyed the crabs and we made Houston’s spinach and artichoke dip for the delicious 4th of July ribs and fried chicken.
- And it’s not a great time at the shore unless there are several cousins to play with. We enjoyed meeting our cousins Hadley, Colin, Hudson and Tommy.
It was hot all week which was great beach weather but it never cooled down so didn’t wear half the things I brought. There was a really nice park by the house but was already hot by 7:30am!
All great vacations must come to an end. Ours came to an end with a very long day driving to Philly, getting delayed an hour in the airport due to weather, sitting on the runway for 2 hours due to more weather and then finally taking off at 10:30 (5 hours late) and getting home at 1 am!! We’re all exhausted!
For all the pictures go here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/oSoWFgSghSYZGGZ68
Post a Comment